Nepal, a land of high hills, mountains, raging rivers and verdant deep jungles of Terai & its rich culture makes one of the most sought destinations in the worlds map. A destination for all season as it is one of the most diverse and varied countries on this planet a unique country nestled in the gorgeous snow capped range is another creation of the mother earth and it embraces worlds' eight highest peaks from Mt.Everest, Mt.Kanchenjonga, Mt.Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu to Annapurna massive. Nepal is also the birth place of Buddha (Light of Asia) for interested Buddhist pilgrims as well.
Blessed with rich nature, the Great Himalayan in Nepal range stretches from the far North West to the Far East where the worlds highest 8th Eight Thousander are in Nepal.
The visit of the British Royalties Queen Elizabeth II in 1964-1980, Prince Charles of Wales in late 80's and visit of Princess Diana in the 90's further highlighted Nepal as a country of rich culture and scenic landscapes and its towering Himalayas
Nepal offers a mesmerizing journey with enough time to marvel the surrounding beautiful landscapes and immerse with its warm people, offering you full of diversity and enchantment from the low lands of Gangetic plains and its verdant dense jungle where the endangered species of Royal Bengal Tigers and the one horned rhinoceros roam, to the legendary Yak and Yeti trail to Everest.
As the Adventure and leisure tourism was established since late 1960 and 70’s quality Travel & Trekking Company have mushroomed by a Tourism Professionals Nepalese, and have been leading countless of adventure trips throughout Himalaya including Rafting, Mountaineering also organise adventure trekking, and leisure trips including tailor made itineraries for family, school groups and corporate executives.
All these travel companies are well aware of their profession providing the guest feel secure and at safe hand with varieties of trips as per the guest holidays optional choices.
Types of Leisure-Tour or Adventure holidays and the companies services that make Nepal a leading hassle free holiday spot:
- Trekking in Nepal Himalaya: One of the main flows of visitors in Nepal is Trekking it is indeed regarded as the world’s best and scenic trekking area, as one can trek for few days to a month trekking in Nepal in the vicinity of the high towering snow capped peaks in the comfort of Teahouse-Lodges or camping with great services of the locals or from the guides with friendly, warm hospitality and homely atmosphere.
- Trekking Peaks: Nepal offers varied of peaks over 5500 to 6000m for the adventurous people who have the awe for adrenaline or breathe taking adventure; these peaks can be climbed by any basic climber or professional mountaineer with the guides and proper equipments as per the challenge, time and duration of the climb.
- Mountaineering Expeditions: Nepal with its 8th Eight Thousander meters gigantic mountains offers expeditions to Mt.Everest south col, Mt.Kanchenjonga, Mt.Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt.Cho-Oyu, Mt.Dhaulagiri, Mt.Manaslu and Mt.Annapurna I. The earliest visitors to Nepal were the mountaineers since the late 1950’s as the door was opened for the outsiders after the end of Rana regime.
- Trekking and Mountaineering Equipment Shops: Due to mass trekking and climbing expeditions whether on trekking peaks or full scale mountaineering the availability of all kinds of trekking and climbing equipments at various shops in Kathmandu-Pokhara and in Khumbu area, makes this country fascinating for this kind of adventurer as they do not have to bring large bulk of equipment when you can purchase or rent here in Nepal saving time and weight on flight and hassle of packing.
- Restaurant and Foods: As Nepal is rapidly rising into an adventure sports destination and for cultural and relaxation holidays the food quality has grown in various ways from fresh vegetables, cereals to packed sealed or trekking foods, one can purchase as per their requirement and the restaurant from small to quality café and restaurant has mushroomed serving all kinds of international menus for the visitors delight as Nepal has all kinds of flavors in the menus.
- Leisure Tour and Hikes: Nepal is certainly a visitors paradise with varieties of choice of leisure tours and hikes, leisure tour offers visit to places of interest whether scenic visit or cultural tour of monasteries, temples or just relax at the Hotel marveling the panoramic views of the snowcapped mountains or go for a short scenic hike for few hours away from the city life to blend in with the country rural life.
- Sight Seeing Guided Tour: Kathmandu Valley is indeed a unique type of valley, wearing an exotic setting. Twenty-five centuries back it stood as a large lake. It is completely surrounded by a tier of Green Mountain walls above which to the north tower the mighty snowcapped peaks during the winter. It consists of four major cities carrying great historic, artistic and cultural interest.
- Mountain Resorts: Nepal with its ambiance environment offers variety of choices for the visitors to its Mountain – Hill or River Resorts to feel the natural beauty and glimpse of the high snow capped mountain panorama at comfort at its luxurious Resorts.
- Luxury Lodge Trekking: A very special trek for people who do not have the awe for adventure but willing to take part in the outdoor life. This trip starts with a leisurely, moderate walk in the comfort of top standard mountain lodges and well stocked bar with a view of the snow capped Himalayas.
- Rafting Scenic or White Water Floats: Rafting in the Himalayan Rivers of Nepal, offers one of the most exciting thrills and relaxation in the adventure world of water sports. Nepal has numerous fine rivers for rafting, kayaking or canoeing. The most prominent white water rafting regions are the eastern, the mid and the western rivers, of all these regions the mid river Trisuli and the Sunkoshi are the main popular rafting rivers, these rivers can be soothing, relaxing or it can offer hair-raising roller coaster rides. Every river, flows from the abode of Gods, the Himalaya, all the way to the Ganges in India. The float down stream is exhilarating and the scenery of the valley gorges between Himalaya and Mid-Himalayan range is equally captivating. The other thrills in the rafting, is camping on the clear sandy beaches with time to explore and visit the rural villages. So, what ever duration or level of excitement you need we have it all here in the rivers of Nepal.
- Mountain Biking: Nepal offers a great diversity of terrains and climate. From the pleasant scenic rides of the tropical plains of Terai to the subtropical valleys of the middle mountains or to the more challenging Trans Himalayan zones, the areas lying in the rain shadow of the Himalayas. The only flatlands to be found lie within a narrow strip, the southern Terai, which runs from east to west of Nepal. The rest of the countries are the middle mountains with hidden valleys inhabited by a diversity of ethnic groups that are blend of the Indo-Aryan and the Tibeto-Burman races. You will see the contrast between tropical lush vegetation and the stark, arctic regions swept by the winds that have sculpted amazing forms on arid valleys of the Tibetan plateau.
- Ultra Light Aircraft: Ultra light aircraft takes off from Pokhara and offer spectacular views of the lakes, mountains and villages. This is an ideal way to see life from a new perspective. The flights take place from sunrise to 11 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to sunset every day during these months.
- Bungy Jump: Ultimate Bungy at The Last Resort in Nepal may be the most spectacular Bungy Jump on the Planet. This remarkable 500ft (160m) drop into the Bhoti Kosi River gorge on the Nepal/Tibet border is the longest Free-fall in the world.
- Para Gliding: The main area for paragliding is the Pokhara valley, commanding views of 3 of the worlds 8000m peaks with friendly and constant conditions for your paragliding holiday.
- Kayaking and Clinic: Nepal offers another challenge in water sports kayaking on the torrent raging glacial rivers for the experts in Kayaking and water sports. For a person who wants to know about Kayaking in Kathmandu or at Pokhara there are several Rafting Companies offering a day to a week course for interested people.
- Cannoning: Nepal offers another water sports Cannoning, abseiling from the torrent waterfalls which is gaining popularity among the adventurous people this adventure can be done in a few hours which involves walk or hike to the water falls spots.
- Sky Dive: Out of various adventure in Nepal, sky dive is another sports that’s gaining popularity every year, even though its an expensive adventure to do it, but it is mind blowing experience in the very nose of the high giant peaks of Mt.Everest and its surrounding majestic peaks. It involves flying in a small plane near Everest and then jumping with the parachute depending upon the weather conditions.
- Jungle Safari –Wildlife & Nature Tours: Nepal's tropical, dense jungles are in the low land of Terai, which runs from east to west on this fertile country. These exotic jungles, provides home and habitat for the most endangered species of wild life, the Royal Bengal Tiger, One horned Rhinoceros, the Gangetic Gharial and fresh water Dolphins. In one of these jungles, you will find one of the most exciting safari destinations in the world, Safari on the back of an elephants or in the four wheel drive to view the diverse wild life and many different species of exotic birds. Other thrills are canoe rides, jungle walk, and bird watch excursion in the comfort of the cosy lodge, built out of local material which blends it well with the natural surrounding, with all the homely basic facilities. Parks and Reserve in Nepal.
- Nature and Flora Tours: Nepal, a wilderness paradise, has much to offer apart from the high snow capped mountain range, 2% of all the flowering and herbal medicine plant in the world, and it has magnificent rich and varied fauna and flora owing to the diverse topography and to a wide range altitude and climatic zones. Thus, making it one of the most important destinations for nature lovers on this planet.
- Tour and Trekking / Mountain Guides: All trekking and climbing or tours are led by well trained and knowledgeable English-speaking guides. The services of guides speaking other languages (e.g. Japanese, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Russian-Dutch and French) may also be provided with sufficient prior notice and at an additional cost. Group escorts are well versed in their related fields. From trekking-mountaineering, rafting to culture and ornithology to botany, and have the best informed guides. They work with the single-minded objective of acquainting you with Nepal-India-Tibet to the best of their ability.